Home remedies for Sinus Infections using apple cider vinegar
Introduction: Sinus Infection is a contagious infection which is caused by a virus, bacteria, fungus or some kind of allergy. When the mucus is congested and it is unable to drain out, it starts accumulate and gets infected. The constant build-up of the mucus causes sinus infection. There is inflammation in naval and skull cavities. Due to inflammation there is difficulty in breathing, pain and pressure behind the eyes and nose. The affected areas get swollen. Sinus infection could be acute or chronic. Here we are describing Home remedies for Sinus Infection using apple cider vinegar and some other home remedies for sinus problem.
Symptoms of Sinus Infections
- Pressure and pain behind the eyes and nose
- The pain and pressure increase when leaning forward or moving your head.
- Thick yellow or greenish mucus / discharge from nose or down the back of the throat
- Congestion in nose
Causes of Sinus Infections
- Excessive consumption of dairy products like milk, yogurt, cheese etc.
- Fungal infection in the sinus cavity
- Environmental allergies
- Food allergies
- Dental infection
- Overgrowth of yeast
- Colds and flu
Home Remedies for Sinus Infections
Different kinds of home remedies for sinus are available. As a matter of fact, sinus is best controlled by these home remedies only. These home remedies for sinus control and cure the condition in a very comprehensive manner. Usage of such home remedies does not have any side effects too, which are a part and parcel of the allopathic medicines for this condition.
The list below describes some of the good home remedies for sinus:
- During the initial stages of sinus infection, mix 1 to 2 tsp. of raw and unfiltered apple cider vinegar, 1 tsp. of honey in 6 ounces of water. Drink it 3 times a day for 5 days. It will help in thinning the congested mucus.
- Drink water a lot to keep your mucus thin. If it wouldn’t accumulate it wouldn’t get infected.
- Turmeric has a compound called curumin which helps to clear the airways and heal the sinus cavity. Use of powdered turmeric in food is, therefore beneficial.
- Take a hot damp towel and apply moist heat to your face for 5 to 10 minutes 4-5 times a day.
- Boil water and take steam to clear your airways.
- Take hot bath or steamy shower to breath warm and moist air.
- Take a glass of hot water and put ½ tsp. of salt. Gargle with this water will help in relief from sinus.
- Drink hot tea with lemon or honey. It will sooth your throat and will keep you hydrated.
This also helps (while using Home remedies for Sinus Infections using apple cider vinegar)
- Elevate your head while sleeping to keep the airway unobstructed.
- Take vitamin C rich fruits and vegetables to boost your immune system.
- Keep your house clean and dry.
- Don’t overdo. Give your body rest and take plenty of sleep. It will help your body to recover fast.
Precautions to be taken with Home remedies for Sinus Infections using apple cider vinegar
- Blow your nose gently to drain out mucus.
- Keep both nostrils open while blowing your nose.
- Stay away from exertion.
We wish these Home remedies for Sinus Infections help is relieving your problem.